Initially Qutub Minar included just four stories made up of red and buff sandstone. At the point when the top floor (fourth) was harmed because of lightning strike, Feroz Shah Tughlaq the then reigning sultan requested repairs in 1368. He supplanted the harmed highest story with the two marble stories (a method for increasing changeless stake in its development). In this manner today the Minar stands fantastically with five stories.
The Iron Pillar is situated inside the yard of the Qutub Complex. It is one of the world’s preeminent metallurgical interests with an expected weight of the beautiful chime of the column is 646 kg. The fundamental body weighs 5865 kg taking the heaviness of the column to 6,511 kg. It ascends to a tallness of 7.20 m, with 93 cm covered underneath the present floor level. The purpose behind stunningness and ponder is that in spite of being made of iron and presented to caprices of nature for more than 1000 years, it has not rusted in this way, speaking to a brilliant case of cutting edge metallurgy of those circumstances.
Late inquires about have proposed that the metal that constitutes the column is unadulterated pliable iron. Its unrusted state has additionally fuelled myths. It is trusted that one who can encompass the whole segment with their arms, with their back towards the column, can have their desire allowed.
The iron column is plainly a Hindu structure. It bears engraving in Brahmi script predominant from the fourth century A.D. Late research proposes that it was most likely migrated from an alternate area. It is assessed that it was set up as a Vishnudhvaja (standard of god Vishnu) on the slope known as Vishnupada in memory of a compelling lord named Chandra most presumably Chandragupta II Vikramaditya (375-414 AD).