initially raised before a Vishnu Temple complex at Udayagiri around 402 AD, It has a profound attachment on the highest point of the fancy capital demonstrates that presumably a picture of Garuda was settled into it as was regular practice. There are two stories about it. One story says that it was conveyed to Delhi by Anangpal, the author Delhi. A large portion of the proof supporting this story has been gathered from legends. There is by all accounts an agreement among specialists that it was Iltutmish who moved the column from Udayagiri to its present area around 1233 AD.
To assemble ones possess tombs inside politically huge physical spaces was thought to be an incredible and uncommon respect. Consequently, such open doors for anyone other than the ruler himself, his blood relatives or otherworldly guide was denied. As the genuine consolidator of the Delhi Sultanate, Iltutmish asserted this benefit as his privilege. The tomb of Iltutmish (A.D. 1211-36) was inherent A.D. 1235. It is a plain square council of red sandstone, lavishly cut with engravings, geometrical and arabesque examples in Saracenic custom on the passages and the entire of inside. The focal chamber is a 9 mt sq. what’s more, has squinches, proposing the presence of a vault, which has since gave way.
The cenotaph, in white marble is place on a brought stage up in the focal point of the chamber. The tomb is lavishly cut including the façade and inside dividers. The west divider in the tomb has a mihrab adorned with marble, and constitutes rich carvings, for example, chime and-chain, tuft, lotus, precious stone seals and so forth.
Situated at the back of the Qutb Minar mind boggling, southwest of the Quwwat-ul-Islam Mosque, Ala-ud-clamor –Khilji’s tomb is situated inside the remaining parts of a L-formed development. The tomb has been dated to 1316 AD.